Saturday 30 July 2011

Starting Point



I look at this page in one of my sketchbooks  from time to time and think I must take it further - nothing comes to mind and there are always easier options for me to work on so away goes the sketchbook until the image haunts me again.  It contains everything that speaks to me - colour, texture, form, depth etc.  A couple of weeks ago  I caught a glimpse of it in a corner of my mind as a really big piece of work and as soon as I had mentally scaled it up I knew what it was all about and what I wanted it to say.



 Drawing for this project is essential and suddenly becomes something I'm looking forward to.
My workroom is full of luggage that leaves along with my son and his wife early tomorrow morning and I'm really going to need this distraction to deal with it all.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the parting isnt too painful and that the therapy is in the new artwork.
    (hug)

    ReplyDelete