Tuesday 16 August 2011

The delicate hands of an embroiderer



I can't tell you how pleased I am to have finished this piece of work . I was never going to give up on it  but what a challenge I'd set myself. Never attempt to sew through canvas!




I also finished this little sample I made in June. I spent along time on bedding this piece into the canvas - I hate that 'plonked on' look so I moulded the edges flat with matte gel medium.  I use this product all the time - a brilliant invention. I finished the background off with a little metallic rub in a dark rose colour and that's when I looked at my fingers, the rub had highlighted all the little needle prick marks from embroidering that darn quilt!.



The delicate hands of an embroiderer - not!!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! But they say you should suffer for your art lol! The results look amazing, and the picture of the canvas piece dont do it justice. The embroidery on it close up is incredible. Well done x

    ReplyDelete