Saturday 14 January 2012

Gorgeous beaded buttons


I attended a class at BeCrafty yesterday with the irrepressible Sarah Payne. Although I have made lots of embroidered buttons in the past I have always been intrigued by her exquisite beadwork that she applies to fabric covered buttons. What a great day - Sarah has a lovely relaxed style of teaching and I absorbed a lot of knowledge about various beads without really being aware of it. These are some of the buttons produced by our class.
I went out to buy some beads this morning and looked at them with different eyes. Thanks for introducing me to delica beads Sarah I can feel a very expensive love affair coming up.



Of course I had do do something totally over the top for my first button!


I'm thinking of something a bit more restrained and thought out for my next attempt!

1 comment:

  1. Smashing results there Pam - glad you enjoyed it! I was worried I wouldn't be able to teach you anything!!!
    The orange & red fringe looks brilliant! Sorry about the new addiction ;0)

    ReplyDelete