Sunday 29 January 2012

Name and Shame



I hope that by publishing part of my stack of U.F.O.'s I will somehow shame myself into finishing a few! The crazy thing is  that 80% of them are a day away from finishing and what am I doing? Playing with a pleater/smocker that I borrowed from a friend. I had visions of turning out yards and yards of Fortuny like silk all pleated and stashed for future projects.




I don't think this machine likes synthetic voiles very much. I'm sure that if I removed the threads the fabric would bounce back to normal very quickly. I'm going to try some silk and cotton organza next. Any one had any experience of this machine?
The cording session is well and truly over  - indeed we have probably produced enough cord to supply our needs for the next century or so. I tested the machine to destruction level by running torrn fabrics and novelty wools and ribbons through it and still it persisted (ah.... British engineering).



Now if I set myself the goal of finishing one UFO a day I could have a self - righteous glow by the end of the week.



It's not going to happen is it?



2 comments:

  1. Perhaps one a week? Love that thick cord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not, but every self respecting crafter/stitcher should have UFOs surely! It goes without saying gal!
    Now if you dyed the fabric once it had been securely pleated, just imagine what great shibori you would have....to add to the pile of UFOs lol

    ReplyDelete