Saturday 1 September 2012

Almost There


This is a snippet from a large piece of work that is just about ready for the upcoming Guild exhibition. I have lived with this piece for almost two years and I think I'm ready to give it an outing. It took three months in the making and is a very personal piece of work, conceived as my reaction to receiving a friend's workbox after she had died.
 
 
My applique quilt that I am currently working on is getting closer to that awful stage of being quilted on a domestic sewing machine - let battle commence! I don't really pine for a long arm machine, it would not get enough use but the occasional use of one would lighten the load somewhat for the odd quilt or two.

 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I just love what you did with the friends' momentoes.......what a delightful thing to have as a rememberance! Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete