Saturday 23 March 2013

Enthusiasm


I started out for the Guild meeting at lunchtime today thinking about all the effort that a printing class takes to put on. Lots of kit , lots of samples - in fact a whole car full of stuff , thank goodness for John's help with all the carrying through the snow. I was convinced that I had done all this for nothing, surely nobody was going to turn out in this crazy weather. I forgot about enthusiasm! Twenty two people turned up and I realised it was surely worth it, lot's of samples produced, much good humour and the afternoon sped by. This was the follow on to the class that Biddy Bruce ran on 'making your own stamps'.  I ran today's class -' printing on fabrics' and we will do another follow on 'making and using stencils'.  
There was some lovely work produced this afternoon.


Just a very small sample of the work produced, what a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon with good friends who had braved blizzard conditions for a couple of hours crafting. 


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic afternoon - thank you. All your prep paid off and the session was fantastic. You are a very generous tutor with ideas, enthusiasm and materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with the previous comment. It was a lovely afternoon thank you for all your hard work and generosity both with ideas and materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah - what a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. some gentle fabric decoration. Wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work produced by your intrepid students.

    ReplyDelete